Select Page

A Tough Decision To Take

My apologies to my humble readers for not being present and posting here. Since December last year, I have been facing some serious problems in my professional and personal life. As many of you know that I am a finance pro and I love my profession. Internet has been for me a passion and my hobby. It is something I like to spend my time on rather than being lazy in front of the TV. Although, I do make a money out of the online world, my day job is yet my primary source of income.

Last year, I decided to move back to France from Ireland. In February, this year I quit my job and in March I was back in Paris. Honestly, I should say in this present economy, I was lucky to find a job so quickly and it is a great company to work for. It is one of the world’s best fashion design company « La Haute-Coûture » as we say in French.

The Salary is excellent and all the benefits that go with it. I should say there was nothing to complain about. But here comes the sad part. Even with this good job, I can’t afford to bring my family in France. When we decided to leave Ireland, we had planned to rent out our house as with the present economy, Ireland has taken a big hit and the housing prices have gone way down beyond expectations.

Today, I will be making a loss of 160k€ if I try to sell the house. I am not the only one; every single owner is facing this horrible crisis. The worst thing is that I can’t even rent it today as many, like me, have thought of moving out of the country.

My house is located 70 km from Dublin and hence quite far to commute and you can guess now, no tenants to rent to. Irish news has stated that about 1000 people are leaving the country each month. So who is left behind, the poor land owners who can’t rent or sell, someone like me.

The saddest part is that as I can’t rent, I can’t bring my family. Paying the mortgage premium and the rent for a flat (very expensive in Paris) is out of the question.

The Decision Time

After a lot of thought, today, I resigned from my Paris job and am heading back to Ireland in a month’s time. Yes, honestly the decision was not easy for me but looking at the circumstances, I think it is more reasonable and a priority to save my house at the moment.

No job in hand but yet a lot of hope. Sometimes, we just have to make sacrifices and take serious decisions for the well-being of our dear ones and for the future.

And the great news, I will be able to get back from my bachelor life back to my family life once again and also spend more time on my blog.

Do you think I made the right decision? I would love to get your feedback and comments.